Start: 16 Nov 2023
End: 17 Nov 2023
United Arab Emirates
Strategic Decision Making Skills & Problem Solving Skills
Decision making and problem solving are at the heart of what successful people do best. Professionals in all industries must navigate these tedious tasks through high levels of uncertainty.Teams made up of multi-functional players from varied schools of thought can either act to stimulate or uppress creative thinking in the workplace.
The competitive landscape of business in today’s world is in a mode of constant re-design and must be monitored for change.
Besides making short-term tactical decisions, managers must be able to comfortably and confidently execute tasks requiring long-term, strategic decision making. Problem solving with a view to the future is one of the challenges requiring the critical thinking skills many people lack.
Key Learning Points:
- Develop decision making, critical thinking and creative Problem solving skills
- Apply logical and creative approaches to solving problems and making decisions
- Use creative tools for identifying causes and generating solutions
- Develop Lateral Thinking Abilities
- Improve analytical approach to solving complex decisions
- The link between problem solving and decision making
- Identifying our own mind traps
- Decision making trees
- The rational approach to problem solving (Kepner-Tregoe)
- The agile critical thinking framework
- Consensus and team decision making
- Brainstorming tips and tools
- Potential problem analysis
- Learn techniques of questioning the importance and relevance of decisions and constructive feedback
- Implementing an action plan