Start: 27 July 2023
End: 28 July 2023
United Arab Emirates
The Art of Negotiation
Negotiation is a part of everyday life. We negotiate in our work, with our friends, and even our family members. In this two day class, participants will learn what negotiation is and how to get the most from their personal negotiations. Participants will discover their personality style and how to negotiate effectively with other personality styles. Participants will also explore four strategies for negotiating, and how to apply effective steps process for successfully negotiating with stakeholders.
By the end of this training course participants will be able to:
- Personal inventory of attitudes, skills and abilities in effective negotiation.
- How to enhance skills.
- Recognising the relationship between the two processes.
- Determining the negotiating approach and type.
- The nature of negotiation compared with persuasion the need to change techniques.
- The dynamics of power at individual and organisational levels.
- Identifying decision processes and influencing factors.
- Creating capacity to effectively represent your interests.
- The key stages of thorough preparation; establishing objectives, determining strategy; determining variables, the roles of the negotiating participants.
- Using planning tools, key tasks, simulation and practice.
- Planning question pathways for control; recognising the purpose of questions and using different types of questions.
- Matching pacing, leading and active listening skills.
- The strategy and tactics for effective collaborative, competitive bargaining.
- Dealing with difficult negotiators.
- Effective negotiation communication through planning and understanding the other party’s personality, styles and decision making approach
The training will be conducted in a friendly, inclusive and fun atmosphere, which is conducive for different learning styles, but respects each attendee as an individual and ensures each one is challenged and ensures each individual is challenged and achieve maximum benefit from the course. Our goal is that attendees will be highly engaged and encouraged to be participative.