Start: 25 May 2023
End: 26 May 2023
United Arab Emirates
United Arab Emirates
Writing for Business & Email Etiquette
This course is designed for participants to know the essentials of professional business writing, how to write clearly, use words correctly and how to construct sentences and paragraphs. This course also focuses on taking steps towards continual learning and development to improve writing skills for the modern work environment.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Learn how to organise your thoughts when writing a letter or email.
- Adhere to basic rules of email etiquette.
- Define best practice to plan and structure writing
- Review communication style to adopt the appropriate focus and tone
- Explore techniques in keeping your messages short and simple.
- Describe the benefits of plain English.
- Perform a calculation using the FOG Index.
- Learn how to grab your reader’s attention with a strong opening line.
- Apply the fundamental pillars of business writing for achieving the required results.
- Practice the skills of writing clear, concise, well-structured professional emails.
- The purpose of communication
- Choosing appropriate communication channels
- Overcoming barriers to communication
- Identifying common grammatical errors
- Using appropriate tone
- Using clear, specific, objective and positive language
- The importance of good sentence and paragraph construction
- Punctuating appropriately
- Email etiquette guidelines
- Writing concise emails – the key questions to answer before writing
- Defining your objective before writing
- The four stages of business writing – planning, drafting, revising, proofreading
- Organizing content to match your target audience
- Structuring your draft – what must you include?
- Active and Passive voice in written communication
- Practicing writing effective emails with work related scenarios
- Communicating effectively in a crisis situation – staying objective and conveying the facts
- How Foggy is your writing
- Sentence length and Formatting
- Personal action plan