Start: 15 May 2023
United Arab Emirates
Creativity & Innovation in the Workplace
Creativity and innovation are fundamental elements of success for an organization. Most successful companies develop a Culture of Creativity and Innovation. In today’s modern corporate setting, creativity and innovation are more important than ever before with the rapidly changing global systems. To be useful and efficient in any business requires employees to have creativity and innovation skills. Developing a business’s creative thinking and innovation can lead to enhanced efficiency, constant improvements, develop business ideas, and improvise the quality of current processes for swifter output in business services.
Creativity and Innovation
– Define what creativity is and how to begin thinking creatively.- Define innovation and the components necessary for successful innovation to take place
– Recognize how creativity and innovation work together to generate a new service, good or process that adds value to the organization
Developing a creative mindset
– Discuss the importance of curiosity and its role in developing a creative mindset.
– Identify convergent and divergent thinkers and their roles in creativity and innovation.
– Illustrate the effect of functional fixedness on the creative mind
Overcoming barriers to creativity
– Identify how the absence of psychological safety within a team can inhibit the generation of new ideas and taking risks.
– Describe the concept of failing fast and how failure is imperative to the creative process.
– Explain how everyone can be creative and why it is important to innovate.
Creative strategies that produce innovative ideas
– Define how to use the Socratic Questioning method.
– Discuss how to utilize the brainstorming process and in all settings.
– Describe how to use storyboarding to generate innovative and creative ideas.
Refining your innovative ideas
– Explain how openness, collaboration, learning and knowledge are the keys to successful refinement of innovative ideas and initiatives.
– Outline the actions required to successfully implement and test a new idea.
– Discuss steps and what to do after an innovation has been implemented.
Sustaining a creative mindset and innovative culture
– Identify ways to practice creativity and innovation in everyday work tasks.
– Discuss how to be resilient when creative and innovative endeavors fail
– Define how to grow and sustain an innovation culture across an organization
The training will be conducted in a friendly, inclusive and professional atmosphere, which is conducive for different learning styles, but respects each attendee as an individual and ensures each individual is challenged and achieve maximum benefit from the course. Our goal is that attendees will be highly engaged and encouraged to be participative.