Start: 12 July 2022
End: 14 July 2022
United Arab Emirates
Financial Awareness for Non-Financial Managers
A department’s performance is measured by how effectively they manage departmental budgets. For some who is non-financial manager, to succeed, knowledge of basic financial principles and the budgeting process is highly critical.
This course makes financial and accounting concepts into decision-making tools you can use successfully in every day operations. Attendees will learn to apply the fundamentals of finance to improve budget management, increase potential profits, and assess the financial performance of business activities.
Delegates will understand the terminology used by accounts and finance staff and will feel more confident when involved with them. The course will help you do your job better and help prepare you for senior management, where financial awareness is crucial.
OverviewImportance of Finance
- Defining and understanding financial jargon.
- Accounting Principles.
- Accountability and responsibility for financial information.
Understanding the profit and loss account
- Profit, operating and capital expense items.
- Measuring profit and business success Analysing the balance sheet.
- Evaluating the worth of an established business.
- Fixed and current assets and liabilities.
- Linking the profit and loss account to the balance
- Shareholder equity.
- Cash flow, profit, and net worth.
- Connecting cash management to line management.
- Maximising benefits and minimising costs.
- Generating unique information from cash flow statements.
- Integrate financial concepts and policies into the management decision and budgeting process.
- Evaluate the meaning of profit and loss accounts and balance sheets.
- Use ratio analysis and interpretation of key performance indicators.
- Complete understanding of terminology such as ‘gearing’ and ‘return on capital employed’.
- Employ cash flow analysis to assess business status.
- Calculate the cost of business activities and price effectively.
- Use tools such as break-even analysis.
- Manage working capital.
- Control business operations through effective budget management.