Start: 10 Sept 2023
End: 11 Sept 2023
United Arab Emirates
Microsoft® Excel for HR Professionals
This course focuses on learning Excel formulas and functions and their application in various HR functions. With this course, you will be able to perform many calculations with ease, speed, and a great level of confidence. Take the course avoid manual labour and save your valuable time. Learn how to use logical functions for automating tasks. Create and manage budgets, metrics, and projections with ease. Create business charts and a dashboard to display key HR indicators. After the course, you will be able to use Excel as a system with far-reaching capabilities and functions.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Apply Excel reporting expertise in HR and administration by enhancing data slicing and dicing, data massaging, and data analysis skills
- Use pivot tables and pivot charts to efficiently perform automated report writing and analysis
- Develop operational dashboards including business KPI’s
- Repeat tasks and generate reports efficiently by recording, running and editing macros
- Learn numerous tips and tricks that will improve working efficiency
- Getting to know the shortcuts and ‘Time Savers’
- Using Flash Fill & Pick from List
- Creating a custom list of HR items.
- Refresher-basic formula & functions
- Formulas for HR Metrics
- Creating & using named ranges
- Consolidating training budget using 3D formulas
- Using text functions to tackle text data
- Joining text with CONCATENATION function
- Splitting text into columns
- Using function TODAY to track years of service, tenure and contracts
- Using logical functions IF, AND, OR for automation, calculation and tracking key indicators
- Setting up VLOOKUP function to retrieve HR data efficiently
- Creating an Employee Lookup
- Extracting figures with custom logic using SUMIF & COUNTIF functions
- Creating business charts from HR data
- Linking several workbooks to create a summary
- Creating an HR Form & Template with validation rules.
Basic proficiency in Windows environment with excellent mouse skills. Some hands-on work experience of Microsoft Excel with simple formulas and functions is highly desirable for this session.
The session contains a number of individual and group exercises which will allow participants to apply what they have learned. The training will also contain the conclusions and lessons learned of the training workshop.
Errors to avoid will also be highlighted. During the application process, delegates are encouraged to be highly participative.